Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Chaponnay has to offer. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals. Top sights around the area include Theatre Antique, Temple d'Auguste et de Livie and Stade Gerland.
- You'll find 812 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Lyon
- The closest major airport is in Lyon (LYS-Saint-Exupery), 8.7 mi (13.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Grenoble (GNB-Grenoble - Isere), 26.2 mi (42.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chaponnay
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Theatre Antique, Temple d'Auguste et de Livie and Stade Gerland. Additionally, in the area you'll find Musee Lumiere and Textile Museum.
Below is a top accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Mercure Lyon Est Chaponnay - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and room size.
Top places to visit in the area include Eurexpo Lyon, located 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Bellecour Square, which is 10.6 mi (17.1 km) away.
Dressing for Chaponnay
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -1°C
- From April to June, the average is 25°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- Chaponnay gets about 30 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C