Search Hotels in Champaign, IL
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 1 Oct 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 4 Jan 2021
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Champaign, and visitors give high marks for the university vibe, fun sporting events and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its theatres, live music and entertainment. A top sight in the city is State Farm Center.
- There are 68 hotels and other accommodation options in Champaign
- The closest major airport is in Champaign, IL (CMI-University Of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Williard), 5.6 mi (9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Decatur, IL (DEC), 39 mi (62.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Champaign
The city is well known for its theatres and live music, and cultural venues include Anita Purves Nature Center, Chanute Air Museum and Monticello Railway Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, University of Illinois Observatory and Tribute to Olympic and Paralympic Athletes. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Marketplace is a favourite for retail therapy.
In Urbana, there are 68 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Champaign Garden Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- I Hotel And Conference Center - Our customers like the bar and overall value at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant.
- Cobblestone Hotel & Suites - Paxton - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Champaign include State Farm Center.
Getting around Champaign
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Champaign-Urbana Station or Rantoul Station. Champaign might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Champaign
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 14°C during the day and -9°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 30°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and night-time averages of -8°C
- Champaign gets about 1050 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -7°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Champaign?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Champaign, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Champaign?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday in Champaign?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Champaign?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Champaign?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Champaign?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Champaign?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Champaign?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Champaign?
What are some hotels with pools in Champaign?
Champaign Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Champaign by Star Rating
- Hotels near Champaign Airports
- Accommodation near Champaign Attractions
- More accommodation types in Champaign
- Choose Your Champaign Hotel Style
- Search Champaign Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Champaign
- Hotels Near Champaign, Illinois
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends