Visiting Caxias do Sul
Visitors can enjoy all that Caxias do Sul has to offer including the wineries, zoo and waterfalls. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral and monuments. A top sight in the city is Sao Pelegrino Church.
- There are 38 hotels and other accommodation options in Caxias do Sul
- The closest major airport is in Caxias do Sul (CXJ-Aeroporto Hugo Cantergiani), 7.6 mi (12.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Caxias do Sul
Cultural venues in the city include Atelier Memorial Zambelli, Museum of Grape and Wine and UCS Science Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Sao Pelegrino Church, Terra do Galo Monument and Monument to the Immigrant. The city's natural beauty is on display at Salto Ventoso Waterfall, Cinquentenario Park and Flores da Cunha Plaza.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 38 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Caxias do Sul. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Personal Smart Hotel - This 3-star hotel in Petrópolis features free breakfast, free WiFi and parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Bemtevi Hotel e Restaurante - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Farroupilha - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit around the area include Caracol State Park, located 20.7 mi (33.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Mini Mundo, which is 23.4 mi/37.6 km away.
Dressing for Caxias do Sul
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 28°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 16°C
- From April to June, the average is 25°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 27°C as the daytime average and 12°C as the night-time average
- About 1313 millimetres of rain falls on Caxias do Sul each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 9°C