Travellers to Castel give high marks for the beaches and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its bars. A top sight in the area is Guernsey Harbour.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodation options in Castel
- The closest major airport is in Guernsey (GCI), 2.7 mi (4.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Alderney (ACI), 23.5 mi (37.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Castel
The city's beaches and sunsets provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Saumarez Park. Additionally, you'll find Guernsey Harbour in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Castel. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- La Grande Mare Hotel Golf & Country Club - This 4-star hotel features a golf course, 3 restaurants and free breakfast. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and pool.
- Hougue Du Pommier Hotel - Our customers like the bar and beach locale at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free parking.
- Wayside Cheer Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and room size.
Dressing for Castel
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 6°C
- Average annual rainfall for Castel is 780.90 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 5°C