Visitors are sure to enjoy the restaurants, shopping, and bars in Cartago. Visitors who journey to this welcoming and walkable, tropical city can discover its coffeehouses, sporting events, and museums.
- Though not directly in Cartago, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- October is the most expensive month to travel here, while February tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 15.7 mi (25.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Cartago
- Well-known for its museums and attractions such as National Museum, National Center of Art and Culture, and Jade Museum
- The gardens and jungle provide a picturesque setting and Parque Nacional is one place worth a visit
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Terramall, Multiplaza del Este Mall, and San Pedro Mall
Staying in Cartago
You might like Hotel y Restaurante El Guarco, averaging GBP 82 per night, for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay. Hotel y Restaurante El Guarco, a 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Cartago
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 28°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 18°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 17°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 27°C as the daytime average and 16°C as the nighttime average
- Cartago gets about 1848 millimetres of rain per year