Visitors to Carcavelos are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its spas. Around the area, top sights include Estoril Casino, Cascais Beach and Queluz National Palace.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodation options in Carcavelos
- The closest major airport is in Cascais (CAT), 2.9 mi (4.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado), 12.6 mi (20.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Carcavelos
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Carcavelos Beach. In the area, you'll also find Estoril Casino and Cascais Beach.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 28 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Carcavelos. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Riviera - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and pool.
- Hotel Praia Mar - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Queluz National Palace, located 6.1 mi (9.9 km) from the city centre, and Belem Tower, which is 6.5 mi (10.4 km) away.
Dressing for Carcavelos
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Carcavelos gets about 25 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 8°C