Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Caparica, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the beaches, sporting events and spas. Visitors who travel to this tucked away, welcoming city can discover its golfing, restaurants and shopping.
- There are 3 Caparica hotels
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas December is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Lisbon (LIS-Humberto Delgado), 8.4 mi (13.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Caparica
- Top activities include golfing and taking a ferry, whereas Golf Course Aldeia dos Capuchos, Ajuda Botanical Garden, and Torel Garden are great sights to visit
- Popular family attractions include Lisbon Oceanarium, Praca do Imperio Garden, and Calouste Gulbekian Planetarium
- Notable landmarks include Convento dos Capuchos, Aldeia dos Capuchos Viewpoint, and Castle of Sao Jorge
- The natural setting of the beaches is picturesque, and places to visit include Cascais Beach, Costa da Caparica Beach, and Dragao Beach
Getting around Caparica
There are plenty of options for getting around Caparica. You can ride a ferry across the water to see more of the area.
Staying in Caparica
For trips with large groups, consider a highly rated traditional hotel like Aldeia dos Capuchos Golf & Spa.
You may appreciate Quinta do Tagus Village for a charming or small, stylish hotel.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Quinta do Tagus Village with a 5 out of 5 user rating, whereas Aldeia dos Capuchos Golf & Spa has a 4 rating by guests.
Dressing for Caparica
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, while the average at night is 10°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 15°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and nighttime averages of 8°C
- Average annual rainfall for Caparica is 702 millimetres