Visiting Cantal (department)
Budget-minded travellers will find a good deal in Cantal (department), but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the restaurants and golfing. Cosy and welcoming, this countryside city also attracts visitors with its skiing, parks and monuments.
- There are 53 Cantal (department) hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas November is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Aurillac (AUR-Tronquieres), 18.5 mi (29.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Cantal (department)
- Top activities include golfing and skiing, whereas Rombière, Masseboeuf, and Prairie are great sights to visit
- Popular cultural attractions include Maison de la Faune, Musee des Volcans, and Musee de la Haute Auvergne
- Popular attractions include Karting Circuit Le Lissartel and Caleden Spa Center
- Its monuments and historic sites are notable, and landmarks include Rocher Bonnevie, St-Geraud Church, and Basilique Notre-Dame-des-Miracles
- The countryside, parks and lakes exemplify the natural beauty, and some places to consider visiting are Puy Mary and Source du Par
Getting around Cantal (department)
There are plenty of options for getting around Cantal (department). If you're looking to travel outside of the area, take a train from Murat Le Lioran Station, Vic-sur-Cere Station or Riom-es-Montagnes Station.
Staying in Cantal (department)
In Vic-sur-Cere you'll find 56 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. There are 45 hotels ranging from GBP 35 to GBP 168 per night.
Looking for a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You might like these traveler-recommended, small-scale inns and unique hotels:
- Auberge de Concasty
- Hostellerie de la Maronne
Auberge de Concasty, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also Hostellerie de la Maronne has a 4.7 rating by guests.
Dressing for Cantal (department)
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 18°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- Cantal (department) gets about 29 millimetres of rain per year