Arrived about 1:30 and room wasn't ready yet , no big deal not supposed to be until 3:00. Checked in and went to buffet for lunch. Not bad , nothing spectacular, but all tasted fine. When we finished lunch are room was ready and we went up. We had an ocean view and it was nicer than expected. After checking out the pool a few hours we showered and went down to dinner. We no sooner were seated when my wife hurriedly excused her self and ran to the bathroom to get sick. We went back to the room and after 4 full hours of vomiting and dry heaves called down to find out if the hotel had a Dr. They placed a call connecting us to a Dr. who thankfully drove to the hotel, examined her, said that she ingested something, gave her a shot and made a separate run to a pharmacy. Three prescriptions and $289 later all was well, except for the too bad for you attitude of Walter the hotel manager. We fully understandthat things can happen anywhere and didn't expect them to pay the Dr. bill. However we did feel that it was reasonable that they reimburse us in hotel comps. Cabanas, massage, whatever. But rather than that they have us a cabana for 1 day AND had the gaul to charge us 26 pesos for the outgoing call that they made to the Dr. So between making you violently ill and the lack of customer service there is no chance we would recommend this resort to anyone.
Comment from Hotel Management
20-Jul-2017 by Alfredo Santamaria General Manager , Hotel Management
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Live Aqua Cancun, which contributes greatly to our improvement. After having thoroughly investigated the matter with all the concerned department heads and Executive Chef, I have come to learn that we do not have any other similar report of food poisoning concerning our guests within the duration of your stay, and according to the doctors diagnose, this illnes could not have been caused by the Resort as food poisoning normally takes around 24 - 48 hrs of inccubation to manifest.
At Live Aqua Cancun we have a food safety management system and our staff is trained on food safety practices, that I will be monitoring very closely in order to ensure that each standard is being met. I do apologize for how this was handled, and if it dampened your impression of our service. Since you mentioned that the doctors visit had prevented you from renting a cabana, it truly was our best intention to imrove your experience and provide you with something you would enjoy. Once again, I apologize if our intentions were misinterpreted and caused a negative impression. I remain at your service, Alfredo Santamaria General Manager