Families will find kid-friendly activities in Caloundra, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping and top-notch restaurants. This walkable city also attracts tourists with its water parks and golf courses. Top sights around the area include Kawana Beach, Mooloolaba Beach and Australia Zoo.
- There are 97 hotels and other accommodation options in Caloundra
- The closest major airport is in Maroochydore, QLD (MCY-Sunshine Coast), 14 mi (22.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Brisbane, QLD (BNE), 40.2 mi (64.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Caloundra
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Bulcock Beach. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Caloundra Street Fair is a favourite for retail therapy. Golfing is a top activity, and Caloundra Golf Club is one place to visit.
In Kings Beach, there are 97 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Monaco - This 4.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Pumicestone Blue - Our customers like the convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Caloundra City Centre Motel - With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit around the area include Kawana Beach, 7 mi/11.2 km from the city centre, and Mooloolaba Beach, which is 8.5 mi (13.7 km) away.
Dressing for Caloundra
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 29°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 17°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 14°C as the night-time average
- About 1130 millimetres of rain falls on Caloundra each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while August and July are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 10°C