Search Hotels in Bury St Edmunds
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visiting Bury St Edmunds
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Bury St Edmunds, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful gardens and lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment and cathedrals. Top sights around the area include High Lodge Thetford Forest and Newmarket Racecourse.
- There are 56 hotels and other accommodation options in Bury St Edmunds
- The closest major airport is in Cambridge (CBG), 22.9 mi (36.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in London (STN-Stansted), 31.2 mi (50.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bury St Edmunds
Cultural venues in the city include Theatre Royal, Ickworth House and The Athenaeum. Its historic sites and cathedrals are notable and landmarks include Bury St Edmunds Abbey, The Abbey Gate and Moyse's Hall Museum. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and these places to visit: Abbey Gardens, Nowton Park and Fuller's Mill Garden.
Top places to see in the area include Ely Cathedral, located 21.8 mi (35.1 km) from the city centre, and Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences, which is 25.2 mi/40.6 km away.
Getting around Bury St Edmunds
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Bury St Edmunds Station, Thurston Station or Elmswell Station. Bury St Edmunds might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Bury St Edmunds
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- About 584.30 millimetres of rain falls on Bury St Edmunds each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 20°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C