Visitors to Burgas are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, gardens and theatres. Top sights around the area include Sunny Beach, Burgas Beach and Aqua Paradise.
- There are 59 hotels and other accommodation options in Burgas
- The closest major airport is in Bourgas (BOJ), 5.4 mi (8.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Burgas
Cultural venues in the city include Burgas Opera House, Burgas Museum of Ethnography and Adriana Boudevska Drama Theatre. Notable city landmarks like Troykata Square and Burgas Bridge might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Burgas Beach, Sea Gardens and Izgrev Park.
In Pomorie, you can choose from 59 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Primoretz Grand Hotel & SPA - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Burgas Center can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Hotel Burgas - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Burgas Center can enjoy access to a casino and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Luxor - This 3-star hotel in Burgas Center features a restaurant, free WiFi and a fitness centre. Expedia customers like its dining options.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Sunny Beach, located 18.4 mi (29.5 km) from the city centre, and Aqua Paradise, which is 15.5 mi (25 km) away.
Getting around Burgas
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Burgas Station. Burgas may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Burgas
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 13°C and the night-time average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Burgas gets about 24 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 0°C