Travellers to Bright give high marks for the beautiful gardens and riverfront. This city also attracts tourists with its spas. A top sight in the area is Mount Hotham.
- There are 402 hotels and other accommodation options in Bright
- The closest major airport is in Albury, NSW (ABX), 45.4 mi (73.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Bright
Notable city landmarks like Bright City Clock Tower and Ovens River Rail Trail Bridge might be worth a visit. The waterfalls and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Centenary Park, Mount Buffalo National Park and Bright Splash Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bright Golf Club and Bright Library.
In Harrietville, you'll find 402 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Bright on Track - This 4.5-star motel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and clean, quiet rooms.
- Adina Lodge Holiday Units - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. This 3.5-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking.
- Ovens Valley Motor Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
A top sight outside the city is Mount Hotham, located 19.6 mi (31.5 km) from the city centre.
Dressing for Bright
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 30°C and the night-time average to be 9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 28°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Bright gets about 630.50 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually January and February with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 3°C