Search Hotels in Bochum
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visitors can enjoy all that Bochum has to offer including the cathedral, art and theatres. Tourists can also enjoy the city's lakeside setting and museums. Starlight Express Theater, Veltins-Arena and Signal Iduna Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 326 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Essen
- The closest major airport is in Dortmund (DTM), 17.3 mi (27.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Duesseldorf (DUS-Duesseldorf Intl.), 23.6 mi (38 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bochum
Cultural venues in the city include Starlight Express Theater, German Mining Museum and Zeiss Planetarium Bochum. Notable city landmarks like Parish Church of St. Peter and Paul and Bismarck Tower might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are RuhrCongress Bochum and Tierpark und Fossilium Bochum.
In Essen, you'll find 51 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Acora Hotel und Wohnen Bochum - This 3.5-star hotel in Innenstadt features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Mercure Hotel Bochum City - Our customers like the bar and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Innenstadt features a restaurant, free WiFi and a fitness centre.
- Courtyard by Marriott Bochum Stadtpark - This 4-star hotel in Innenstadt features a restaurant, a fitness centre and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and room size.
Top places to visit in the area include Veltins-Arena, 8.2 mi/13.2 km from the city centre, and Signal Iduna Park, which is 10.2 mi (16.4 km) away.
Getting around Bochum
With so many choices for transport, exploring Bochum is a breeze. You can access metro transport at Bochum Rathaus U-Bahn, Deutsches Bergbau-Museum U-Bahn and Bochum Ehrenfeld S-Bahn. If you want to journey outside the city, hop aboard a train from Bochum West Station, Bochum Central Station or Bochum Hamme Station.
Dressing for Bochum
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- Bochum gets about 874 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 21°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 1°C
More trip options
- Hotels in Bochum by Star Rating
- Hotels near Bochum Airports
- Areas of Bochum
- Accommodation near Bochum Attractions
- More accommodation types in Bochum
- Choose Your Bochum Hotel Style
- Search Bochum Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Bochum
- Hotels Near Bochum, Essen
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends