Visitors will want to experience the restaurants, beaches, and churches in Bridgeport. Visitors who journey to this welcoming city can discover its live music, sporting events, and theatres.
- Though not directly in Bridgeport, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- Closest major airport is in New Haven, CT (HVN-Tweed - New Haven Regional), 19 mi (30.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Bridgeport
- Popular family attractions include Beardsley Zoo, Norwalk Maritime Aquarium, and Robert Treat Farm
- The natural beauty of the parks is picturesque, and places to visit include Longfellow Park, Jennings Beach, and Penfield Beach
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Gateway Shopping Center, Caldor Shopping Center, and Westfield Connecticut Post Mall
Bridgeport is adjacent to Fairfield. Top sights in the area include Fairfield University and Ballpark at Harbor Yard.
Dressing for Bridgeport
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July through September averages 28°C during the day and 11°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -4°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Bridgeport is 1087 millimetres