Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotel4-star hotel, walk to Oracle
Collecting Nectar Points
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
Situated in the city centre, this hotel is close to Hexagon, Broad Street Mall and Reading Civic Centre. Also nearby are Oracle and The Museum of Reading.
A restaurant, a fitness centre and a bar/lounge are available at this smoke-free hotel. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café, a conference centre and self parking.
All 206 rooms offer free WiFi, MP3 docks and flat-screen TVs with first-run films. Guests will also find room service (during limited hours), Egyptian cotton sheets and rainfall showerheads.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
The hotel offers a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A computer station is located on-site and wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities measuring 5920 square feet (550 square metres) include conference centres. For a surcharge, a round-trip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) is offered to guests. This business-friendly hotel also offers a fitness centre, a library and an arcade/games room. On-site parking is available (surcharge).
Pentahotel Reading is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Billiards or pool table
- Meeting rooms 11
- Express check-out
- Built in 1983
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 550
- Luggage storage
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Conference space size (feet) - 5920
- Conference centre
- Shopping on site
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 206
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 6
- Arcade/game room
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transport (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
- Arcade/game room
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Long-term parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge), Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Premium TV channels
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Hair dryer
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Access via exterior corridors
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- First-run movies
- MP3 docking station
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Designer toiletries
- Rainfall showerhead
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Blackout drapes/curtains
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10 AM.
Pentalounge – This restaurant specialises in Modern European cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Open daily.
Late night fare is available from room service (during limited hours).
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Free bicycles nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 11 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets are allowed for an extra charge of GBP 20 per pet, per stay.
- Dogs and cats only
- 2 per room
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property on the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation.
- Deposit: GBP25.00 per night
- Fee for buffet breakfast: GBP15 for adults and GBP7.50 for children (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: GBP10.00 per day
- Nearby parking fee: GBP 9 24 hours
- Pet fee: GBP20 per pet, per stay
- Late check-out fee: GBP15
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- pentahotel Reading Hotel
- pentahotel Hotel
- pentahotel Reading
- Reading Penta Hotel
- Renaissance Hotel Reading
We should mention
Children aged 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation. This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.