Get an overview of this hotel3-star Reading hotel in Pangbourne with free breakfast
Collect 200 Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.*Offers may apply
Popular property highlights
Located in Pangbourne, this hotel is 1.4 mi (2.2 km) from Beale Park and 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from Basildon Park. Mapledurham House and Watermill and Lardon Chase - the Holies and Lough Down are also within 6 mi (10 km).
Along with a restaurant, this smoke-free hotel has a bar/lounge and a coffee shop/café. Free weekday breakfast, free WiFi in public areas, and free self parking are also provided. Other amenities include meeting rooms, dry cleaning, and express check-out.
All 22 rooms provide free WiFi, room service, and TVs. Other amenities available to guests include coffee makers, free bottled water, and phones.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Dining options at the hotel include a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Guests can enjoy a complimentary breakfast on weekdays. Wireless Internet access is complimentary.
This business-friendly hotel also offers a terrace, multilingual staff, and a garden. Limited complimentary onsite parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Elephant Hotel is a smoke-free property.
- Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 22
- Newspapers in lobby (surcharge)
- Free breakfast
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Free WiFi
- Number of floors - 2
- Meeting rooms 2
- Multilingual staff
- Parking (limited spaces)
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Free self parking
- Shopping on site
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Supervised childcare/activities
- Coffee shop or café
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking, Parking (limited spaces)
- Premium TV channels
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Iron/ironing board
- Free WiFi
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
A complimentary English breakfast is served between 6:30 AM and 9:30 AM on weekdays.
Elephant Hotel has a restaurant on site.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Horse riding/rental on site
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
Check-in time starts at 7 AM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 16
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 20 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for GBP 20 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of GBP 20 per pet, per night
- Dogs and cats only
- 2 per room (up to 30 kg)
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per adult: GBP 30
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: GBP 55
- Airport shuttle transfer per adult: GBP 50 (one way)
- Pet fee: GBP 20 per pet, per night
- Crib (infant bed) fee: GBP 20 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 20 per night
- Elephant Hotel Reading
- Elephant Reading
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitEngland, the National Tourist Board for England.