Visitors give high marks for the beaches in Bentota, which is also known for its spas and seafood restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting. Top sights around the area include Bentota Beach, Hikkaduwa Beach and Hikkaduwa Coral Reef.
- There are 97 hotels and other accommodation options in Bentota
- The closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 55.9 mi (90 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Bentota
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Bentota Beach, Induruwa Beach and Kosgoda Beach. In the area, you'll also find Hikkaduwa Beach and Hikkaduwa Coral Reef.
In Beruwela, you'll find 97 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Saman Villas - This 5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Paradise Road The Villa Bentota - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Avani Bentota Resort - With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
Dressing for Bentota
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 22°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 24°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 23°C
- Average annual rainfall for Bentota is 93 millimetres
- Usually April and March are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 23°C