Search Hotels in Bay of Islands
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting Bay of Islands
Travellers to Bay of Islands give high marks for the local tours and beaches. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its waterfalls. A top sight in the city is Waitangi Treaty Grounds.
- There are 223 hotels and other accommodation options in Bay of Islands
- The closest major airport is in Kerikeri (KKE-Bay of Islands), 13.2 mi (21.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Bay of Islands
The city is notable for landmarks like Waitangi Treaty Grounds, Russell Christ Church and Marsden Cross. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the waterfalls and these places to visit: Flagstaff Hill, Russell Beach and Paihia Beach. Taking a ferry, dolphin viewing and taking a tour are top activities, while sights to visit include Paihia Wharf, Waitangi Mountain Bike Park and Waitangi Golf Club.
In Russell, there are 223 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Bellrock Lodge - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Chalet Romantica - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable beds at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Baywaterviews - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Bay of Islands
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 14°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 16°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and night-time averages of 10°C
- Bay of Islands gets about 1251 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 8°C