Visitors to Bally are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. Top sights around the area include Dakshineswar Kali Temple, Eden Gardens and New Market.
- There are 686 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Kolkata (CCU-Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Intl.), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Bally
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Dakshineswar Kali Temple, Eden Gardens and New Market. In the area, you'll also find Salt Lake Stadium and Victoria Memorial.
As you make plans for a getaway to Bally, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 623 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Hyatt Regency Kolkata is located 6.7 mi (10.7 km) from the heart of Bally. This 5-star hotel in Kolkata features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool. Our customers like its helpful staff and proximity to the airport.
- ITC Royal Bengal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Kolkata is 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from central Bally. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Kolkata can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with an in-room iPod dock.
- The Oberoi Grand, Kolkata is 6 mi (9.7 km) from the centre of Bally. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Kolkata can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and central location.
Popular places to visit in the area include Belur Math, 1.4 mi/2.3 km from the heart of the city, and Howrah Bridge, which is 4.4 mi/7.1 km away.
Getting around Bally
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Howrah Bally Halt Station or Howrah Bally Ghat Station. Bally might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Bally
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 34°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 13°C
- From April to June, the average is 36°C during the day and 22°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 32°C as the daytime average and 13°C as the night-time average
- About 2338 millimetres of rain falls on Bally each year
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 35°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 14°C