Visitors can enjoy all that Aurillac has to offer including the churches, monuments and cafes. Tourists can also enjoy the city's bars, museums and restaurants. A top sight in the area is Le Lioran.
- There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in Aurillac
- The closest major airport is in Aurillac (AUR-Tronquieres), 2.5 mi (4.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Aurillac
Notable city landmarks like Place du Square and St-Geraud Church might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add Musee des Volcans to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 13 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Aurillac. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Auréna - This 2-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a business centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel La Thomasse - Our customers like the pool and walkable location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Grand Hotel De Bordeaux - This 3-star hotel features a casino, free WiFi and a bar.
A top sight outside the city is Le Lioran, located 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the heart of the city.
Getting around Aurillac
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Aurillac Station. Aurillac might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Aurillac
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and -1°C at night
- Aurillac gets about 819.00 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -1°C