Visiting Auburn - Opelika
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Auburn - Opelika, and visitors give high marks for the fun sporting events, university vibe and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its restaurants. Top sights in the city include Jordan-Hare Stadium and Chewacla State Park.
- There are 152 hotels and other accommodation options in Auburn - Opelika
- The closest major airport is in Columbus, GA (CSG-Columbus Metropolitan), 31.1 mi (50.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Auburn - Opelika
Cultural venues in the city include George Washington Carver Museum, Telfair Peet Theater and Jules Collins Smith Museum of Fine Arts. Notable city landmarks like Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site and The Oaks - Home of Booker T. Washington might be worth a visit. The picturesque setting of Chewacla State Park and Donald E. Davis Arboretum exemplify the city's natural beauty.
In Columbus, there are 152 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Auburn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Phenix City - Our customers like the pool and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Auburn - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Other top sights in Auburn - Opelika include Jordan-Hare Stadium. Outside the city, top places to visit include Lake Martin, located 29.2 mi (46.9 km) from the city centre, and Columbus Civic Center, which is 29.8 mi/48 km away.
Dressing for Auburn - Opelika
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 22°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 28°C during the day and 1°C at night
- About 1337 millimetres of rain falls on Auburn - Opelika each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 2°C