Get an overview of this hotel3.5-star Atlanta hotel in Fairlie-Poplar Historic District, walk to Centennial Olympic Park
Collecting Nectar Points
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
Located in Fairlie-Poplar Historic District, this hotel is within a 5-minute walk of Centennial Olympic Park, Tabernacle and AmericasMart. Rialto Center for the Performing Arts and World of Coca Cola are also within 10 minutes.
A restaurant, an outdoor pool and a fitness centre are available at this smoke-free hotel. Other amenities include a bar/lounge, a 24-hour business centre and WiFi in public areas.
All 315 properties provide conveniences such as refrigerators and coffee makers, plus WiFi and MP3 docking stations. Guests will also find high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), flat-screen televisions and room service (during limited hours).Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window
The American Hotel Atlanta Downtown - a DoubleTree by Hilton
The American Hotel Atlanta Downtown - a DoubleTree by Hilton features an outdoor pool and a fitness centre. The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A computer station is located on-site, and wired and wireless Internet access is available at a surcharge.
Business-related amenities at this 3.5-star property consist of A 24-hr business centre and meeting rooms. Event facilities measuring 20000 square feet (1858 square metres) include conference rooms. This business-friendly hotel also offers tour or ticket assistance, multilingual staff and gift shops/news stands. Parking is available on-site at a surcharge. A total renovation of this property was completed in October 2017.
The American Hotel Atlanta Downtown - a DoubleTree by Hilton is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 13
- Year Built 1962
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Pool sun loungers
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Outdoor pool
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 1858
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 20000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Pool umbrellas
- Total number of rooms - 315
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 9
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.95 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.95 per night ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.95 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Room service (limited hours)
- Air conditioning
- Free weekday newspaper
- Designer toiletries
- Premium bedding
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Bathtub or shower
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- MP3 docking station
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- In-room safe
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- In-room climate control (heating)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6 AM and 10 AM.
Cloakroom Kitchen & Bar – This restaurant specialises in American cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Open daily.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool and a fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation.
- Deposit: USD50.00 per day
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD15.00 for adults and USD12.95 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 12.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 12.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD38.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Early check-in fee: USD75.00
- Late check-out fee: USD129.00
- DoubleTree Hilton Hotel Atlanta Downtown
- DoubleTree Hilton Atlanta Downtown
We should mention
Children aged 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.