Visitors to Atenas are sure to enjoy the cafes and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's baseball games and local tours. Around the area, top sights include Ojo de Agua Spa Park, Plaza Real Cariari and Multiplaza Mall Escazu.
- You'll find 557 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of San Jose
- The closest major airport is in San Jose (SJO-Juan Santamaria Intl.), 12.4 mi (20 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in San Jose (SYQ-Tobias Bolanos Intl.), 17 mi (27.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Atenas
Ojo de Agua Spa Park, Plaza Real Cariari and Multiplaza Mall Escazu are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you'll find Poas Volcano National Park in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Atenas. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Retreat Costa Rica - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and comfortable beds.
- Hotel Boutique Villa Toscana - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Barons Resort - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Atenas
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 28°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 16°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 18°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 17°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 27°C as the daytime average and 16°C as the night-time average
- About 1848 millimetres of rain falls on Atenas each year
- April and May are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 16°C