Visitors can enjoy all that Asmara has to offer including the cathedral, monuments and its breweries. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture and zoo.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Asmara
- The closest major airport is in Asmara (ASM-Asmara Intl.), 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Asmara
Notable city landmarks like Roman Catholic Cathedral of Asmara and Fiat Tagliero Building might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add Cicero Stadium to your agenda.
Below is a top-rated place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Crystal Hotel Asmara - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and concierge services. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and central location.
Dressing for Asmara
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 35°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 21°C
- From April to June, the average is 39°C during the day and 25°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 39°C during the day and 27°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 38°C as the daytime average and 22°C as the night-time average
- About 8 millimetres of rain falls on Asmara each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 39°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°C