Visiting Ashkelon - Southern Coast
Guests are sure to enjoy the beaches, restaurants and archaeology in Ashkelon - Southern Coast. Visitors who travel to this welcoming, cultural and seaside city can discover its musicals, sailing and ruins.
- There are 9 Ashkelon - Southern Coast hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Tel Aviv (TLV-Ben Gurion), 23.4 mi (37.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Ashkelon - Southern Coast
- A marina, adventures and sailing are top activities, whereas sights to visit include Eye of the Sun, Ashkelon Marina, and Ashkelon Beach
- Musicals and museums are well-known in the area, and cultural attractions include Ashdod MonArt Arts Centre and Corinne Mamane Museum of Philistine Culture
- Tomb of Sheikh Awad and Ashkelon National Park are noteworthy landmarks
- The the sea and beaches highlight the natural beauty, and Ashdod Beach, Palmachim Beach, and Moshe Drimer Garden are several places worth visiting
Getting around Ashkelon - Southern Coast
Ashkelon - Southern Coast has many options for getting around. You can travel down to the marina to find out about water transport.
Staying in Ashkelon - Southern Coast
With 11 hotels and other accommodations available in this city, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate. There are 7 hotels ranging from GBP 73 to GBP 174 per night.
You might prefer these highly rated properties for trips with the family or other getaways:
- Leonardo Hotel Ashkelon
- West All Suite Boutique Ashdod
You might like one of these traveller-recommended, small-scale inns and unique properties for a romantic getaway or boutique stay:
- Regina Goren Hotel
- Ashdod Suites
Leonardo Hotel Ashkelon, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.1 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are West All Suite Boutique Ashdod and Regina Goren Hotel.
Dressing for Ashkelon - Southern Coast
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 30°C, while the average at night is 13°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 22°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 30°C and nighttime averages of 11°C
- About 534 millimetres of rain falls on Ashkelon - Southern Coast each year