Visitors to Are are sure to enjoy the skiing. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, lakeside setting and water parks. Top sights in the city include Are Ski Resort and Are Bjornen Children's Ski Area.
- There are 29 hotels and other accommodation options in Are
- The closest major airport is in Ostersund (OSD-Are), 46.1 mi (74.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Are
The city's natural beauty is on display at Are Beach, Tannforsen Waterfall and Blåfjella–Skjækerfjella National Park. Skiing is one of the top activities, while Are Golf Club, Trillevallen Ski Resort and Are Ski Resort are favourite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Are Bjornen Children's Ski Area and Are Old Church.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 29 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Are. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Buustamons Fjällgård - This 2.5-star hotel features ski slopes, free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Åre Bed & Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Millestgården Eco Lodge - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free parking. Expedia customers love its convenient parking and quiet location.
Getting around Are
If you want to journey outside the area, ride aboard a train from Åre Station, Duved Station or Undersåker Station. Are might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Are
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 3°C during the day and -12°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is -6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 1°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 9°C and night-time averages of -10°C
- Average annual rainfall for Are is 21 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 17°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -11°C