Get an overview of this hotelHistoric Canal House on the Keizersgracht
Collecting Nectar Points
Special Offer: Book by 2 August 2017 and collect double Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
Located in 2 nearby buildings in the center of Amsterdam, on the Keizersgracht Canal, this family-run boutique hotel is in close proximity to the Jordaan district and the Anne Frank House. Dam Square and the Royal Palace are both about a 5-minute walk from the hotel.
Established in a 17th-century Amsterdam Canal House, The Toren features a fireplace in the lobby. Property amenities include meeting space, concierge services, and 24-hour roundtrip airport tranportation.
Each of the 38 historic guestrooms has a chic, theatrical atmosphere accented by red and black décor. Rooms are equipped with LCD televisions, complimentary wireless Internet access, minibars, and espresso makers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Built as a canal house in 1618, The Toren was bought and converted into a hotel in 1968, opening its doors in 1969. Today, the property retains classic architecture and furnishings, including a fireplace in the lobby, while offering modern amenities.
The hotel has a meeting/conference room and business services, including free Internet access and audiovisual equipment. There is a bar/lounge on site, and room service is available from the neighboring Restaurant Christophe. Air conditioning is in all public areas. The hotel also offers concierge services, tours/ticket assistance, and currency exchange. Multilingual staff run the 24-hour front desk, and coffee is available in the lobby. A 24-hour roundtrip airport shuttle is available.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 40
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 3
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Concierge services
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- One meeting room
- Year Built 1618
- Conference space size (feet) - 323
- Conference space size (meters) - 30
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Soundproofed rooms
- Air conditioning
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Room service (limited hours)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- LCD TV
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Espresso maker
Nearby Things to Do
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at 10 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 30.0 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- No onsite parking is available. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property / stay dates).
- Deposit: EUR 50 per night
- A 4.7149 percent city/local tax will be charged
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 18 for adults and EUR 9 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 18 per person (one way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: EUR 14 (one-way), (from 3 to 10 years old)
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 30.0 per day
- Toren Amsterdam
- Toren Hotel
- Toren Hotel Amsterdam
- The Toren - Hampshire Classic Hotel Amsterdam
We should mention
Accommodations are situated at multiple addresses. This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of Europe.
This property does not have a Netherlands Tourist Board rating. For the benefit of our customers, we have provided a rating based on our rating system.