Get an overview of this hotel5-star, family-friendly hotel, walk to Royal Palace
Collecting Nectar Points
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
This family-friendly Amsterdam hotel is located on the waterfront, within a 10-minute walk of Royal Palace, New Church and Kalverstraat. Theater Tuschinski and Anne Frank House are also within 15 minutes.
This smoke-free hotel features 2 restaurants, a full-service spa and an indoor pool. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include 2 bars/lounges, a fitness centre and a sauna.
All 177 rooms feature thoughtful touches such as espresso makers and pillow menus, plus free WiFi, free wired Internet and flat-screen TVs with satellite channels. Other amenities available to guests include 24-hour room service, minibars and Egyptian cotton sheets.
Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam
In addition to a full-service spa, Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam features an indoor pool and a sauna. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the hotel's 2 bars/lounges. Public areas are equipped with complimentary wired and wireless Internet access.
Business amenities at this 5-star property consist of A business centre, a limo/town car service and meeting rooms. Event facilities measuring 15069 square feet (1400 square metres) include conference centres. This luxury hotel also offers a fitness centre, spa services and a library. Parking is available on-site at a surcharge.
Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam is a smoke-free property.
- Babysitting or childcare
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Business centre
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Conference space 17
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms 19
- Built in 1578
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Steam room
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Free wired Internet
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 1400
- Area shuttle (surcharge)
- Spa services on site
- Luggage storage
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Train station pickup (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 15069
- Conference centre
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 177
- Number of floors - 5
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Long-term parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Towels included
- Linens included
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- In-room safe
- Hair dryer
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Number of bedrooms -
- Number of bathrooms -
- Room service (24 hours)
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillow menu
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Separate bedroom
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Flat-panel TV
- Espresso maker
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Bridges Restaurant – Overlooking the garden, this restaurant specialises in seafood and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy al fresco dining (weather permitting). 1-star Michelin rating. A children's menu is available.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an indoor pool, a sauna and a fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Scooter/moped rentals on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
So SPA has 2 treatment rooms, including rooms for couples. Services include massages, facials, body scrubs and body treatments. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including Ayurvedic. The spa is equipped with a sauna and Turkish bath/hammam.
Children under 16 years old are not allowed in the spa without adult supervision.
- Sauna in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 11 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 90 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets are allowed for an extra charge of EUR 25 per pet, per day.
- Dogs only
- 1 per room
- Restrictions apply
- For more information, contact the property on the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property/stay dates). Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
- A 5.66 per cent city/local tax will be charged.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR38 per person (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: EUR50 per night
- Valet parking fee: EUR50 per night
- Pet fee: EUR25 per pet, per day
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR90 per night
- Sofitel Legend Grand Amsterdam Hotel
- Sofitel Legend Grand Hotel
- Sofitel Legend Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Legend Grand
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport and train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Up to 2 children aged 11 years old and younger stay for free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveller Hot List.