Get an overview of this hotelAmsterdam historic hotel near Nieuwe Kerk
Collect 400 Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.*Offers may apply
By Magna Plaza
Centrally located in Amsterdam's shopping and business district behind the Dam Square and Royal Palace, next to the Magna Plaza shopping mall.
Opened in 1870, Die Port van Cleve Hotel is set in the former Heineken brewery has a stylish brasserie serving buffet breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and a historic bar.
The 6-story hotel has 122 rooms with small sitting areas, complimentary wireless Internet access, and laptop-sized in-room safes. Select rooms have special views.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Die Port van Cleve Hotel
Renovations & Closures
Die Port van Cleve Hotel has a brasserie, a bar, 5 meeting rooms, and complimentary wireless Internet access. Guest services include currency exchange, concierge desk, 24-hour reception, dry cleaning, and front desk safe deposit box.
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 122
- Number of floors - 6
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Concierge services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting rooms 5
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Year Built 1870
- Number of meeting rooms - 5
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 4
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Shower/tub combination
- Hair dryer
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Room service (24 hours)
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Maximiliaan - This classic brasserie offers a unique combination of contemporary modern style, history and tradition. A place to enjoy the classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist. A buffet breakfast is served 7 AM-10:30 AM, plus daily lunch and dinner.
Bodega De Blauwe Parade - This historic Dutch bar open since 1870 has wooden booths, stained glass windows, and genuine Delft tiles along the walls. The bar features Dutch liqueur tasting and storytelling of the bar's history.
Nearby Things to Do
Guests can explore Amsterdam by foot, tram, bus, taxi, or canal boat. Bicycle rentals are available throughout the city for riding the bike-path (fietpads) network that crisscrosses the country. Vondelpark, two blocks from Leidse Square and Museum Square, is popular for jogging, walking, cycling, and roller skating.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 50 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for EUR 20 per night.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property / stay dates).
- Deposit: EUR 60 per night
- A 4.7149 percent city/local tax will be charged
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 19.75 per person (approximately)
- Late check-out fee: EUR 50
- Crib (infant bed) fee: EUR 20 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 50 per day
- Die Port Cleve Hotel
- Die Port van
- Die Port van Cleve
- Die Port van Cleve Amsterdam
- Die Port van Cleve Hotel
- Die Port van Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
- Die van Cleve
- Hotel Die Port van Cleve
- Hotel Port van Cleve
- Port van Cleve
- Cleve Hotel Amsterdam
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.