Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Amiens, and visitors give high marks for the cathedral. This cultural city also attracts tourists with its monuments and riverfront. A top sight in the city is Amiens Cathedral.
- There are 66 hotels and other accommodation options in Amiens
- The closest major airport is in Paris (BVA-Beauvais), 31.1 mi (50.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Amiens
Cultural venues in the city include Zenith Amiens, Jules Verne House and Musee de l'Hotel de Berny. Its cathedrals and monuments are notable and landmarks include Amiens Cathedral and Gambetta Square. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and Hortillonnages Floating Gardens.
In Dury, you'll find 66 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Mercure Amiens Cathedrale - This 4-star hotel in Centre Ville features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hôtel Le Saint Louis - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Centre Ville can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Ibis budget Amiens Centre Gare - Amenities at this hotel include a coffee shop and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
Getting around Amiens
To explore the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Amiens St-Roch Station or Amiens Station. Amiens might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Amiens
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 22°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 28 millimetres of rain falls on Amiens each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 1°C