Get an overview of this hotel 3-star hotel with restaurant and bar/lounge
Located in the heart of Ambleside, this hotel is within a 15-minute walk of Grasmere Garden Village, Helm Crag and St Oswald's Church. Wordsworth Museum and Dove Cottage are also within 1 mile (2 km).
Along with a restaurant, this smoke-free hotel has a bar/lounge and coffee/tea in a common area. Free WiFi in public areas and free self parking are also provided. Additionally, laundry facilities, a 24-hour front desk and express check-out are on-site.
All 37 rooms offer free WiFi, room service and satellite TV. Other amenities available to guests include coffee/tea makers, free bottled water and hairdryers.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Macdonald Swan Hotel
The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Public areas are equipped with complimentary wireless Internet access. 2 meeting rooms are available. This business-friendly hotel also offers a garden, coffee/tea in common area and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Complimentary self-parking is available on-site. Guests can use the indoor pool and health club at a partner property.
Macdonald Swan Hotel is a smoke-free property.
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Free use of nearby fitness centre
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundry facilities
- Year Built – 1650
- Express check-out
- Total number of rooms - 37
- Free self parking
- Number of floors - 2
- Free WiFi
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Smoke-free property
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Towels provided
- Linens provided
- Free bottled water
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- Free WiFi
- Number of bathrooms -
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 8 AM and 10 AM.
Waggoners – This restaurant specialises in British cuisine and serves breakfast and dinner. A children's menu is available. Reservations are required.
Walkers Bar – This bar specialises in British cuisine and serves lunch and dinner.
The Lounge – This lobby lounge specialises in local cuisine.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Start your morning with a cooked-to-order breakfast, available each day from 8 AM to 10 AM for a surcharge. Room service is available during limited hours.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets are allowed for an extra charge of GBP 15 per pet, per night.
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property on the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Additional policies and fees may apply when booking more than 7 rooms. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: GBP 18.00 for adults and GBP 12.50 for children (approximately)
- Pet fee: GBP 15 per pet, per night
- Macdonald Swan Hotel Ambleside
- Macdonald Swan Hotel
- Macdonald Swan Ambleside
- Macdonald Swan
We should mention
Only registered guests are allowed in the guest rooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.