Visiting Alert Bay
Visitors can enjoy all that Alert Bay has to offer including its waterfront. This city also attracts tourists with its cultural and secluded setting.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Alert Bay
- The closest major airport is in Port McNeil, BC (YMP), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Greenway Sound, BC (YGN), 18.5 mi (29.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Alert Bay
A favourite place to visit in the city is Alert Bay Ferry Terminal. You'll also find Port McNeill Ferry Terminal and Mackay Whale Watching in the area.
Below is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bayside Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and WiFi.
Dressing for Alert Bay
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 10°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 1°C as the night-time average
- Alert Bay gets about 47 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C