Visitors to Albany are sure to enjoy the port. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, monuments and entertainment choices. A top sight in the area is Middleton Beach.
- You'll find 77 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Albany
- The closest major airport is in Albany, WA (ALH), 7.3 mi (11.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Albany
Cultural venues in the city include Western Australian Museum, Albany Convict Gaol Museum and Old Gaol Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Brig Amity Replica. Additionally, you might want to add Albany Entertainment Centre to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Albany. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Spencer Suites Albany - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and laundry facilities, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and room size.
- SIX DEGREES ALBANY MOTEL CBD STUDIOS - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and room size at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a bar.
- Best Western Albany Motel & Apartments - With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and central location.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Middleton Beach, located 2.5 mi (4 km) from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Albany
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 21°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 15°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 14°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and night-time averages of 16°C
- Average annual rainfall for Albany is 714.30 millimetres
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 15°C