History buffs will enjoy a visit to Lemnos and visitors are sure to appreciate the monuments and museums. Visitors can also indulge in everything this welcoming and tucked away, seaside city has to offer, including its beaches, island views, and shopping.
- There are 2 Lemnos hotels
- Closest major airport is in Myrina (LXS-Lemnos Intl.), 8.9 mi (14.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Lemnos
- Exploring the waterfront is a top activity, and Myrina Port is one place to visit
- Its monuments and historic sites are notable and landmarks to visit include Agia Triada Cathedral, Castle of Myrina, and Hephaistia Ancient Site
- The beach, island views, and seaside provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Plati Beach, Thanos Beach, and Kotsinas Beach
Getting around Lemnos
Lemnos has many options for getting around. You can travel down to the port to find out about water transportation.
Dressing for Lemnos
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 4°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 15°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the nighttime average
- About 20 millimetres of rain falls on Lemnos each year