Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to Abidjan, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, monuments, and museums. Visitors who journey to this welcoming city can discover its bars, natural parks, and flowers.
- There are 20 Abidjan hotels
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, while December tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Abidjan (ABJ-Felix Houphouet-Boigny Intl.), 5.6 mi (9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Abidjan
- Well-known for its museums, the Cultural Palace is a popular attraction
- Its monuments and Chinatown are notable and landmarks to visit include Central Mosque and St Paul's Cathedral
- The parks, flowers, and beach provide a picturesque setting, and Banco National Park is one place worth a visit
- Everyone—not just sports fans—will find lots of reasons to cheer at a game or event at Sports Palace, Robert Champroux Stadium, or Stade Felix Houphouet-Boigny
Abidjan is adjacent to Cocody. Top sights in the area include Abidjan Zoo and National Costume Museum.
Staying in Abidjan
With 20 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from, Abidjan offers holiday retreats at affordable prices. There are 17 hotels ranging from GBP 43 to GBP 266 per night. For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider these top-rated, larger hotels:
- Pullman Abidjan, averaging GBP 194.79/night
- Sofitel Abidjan Hotel Ivoire, averaging GBP 332.97/night
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Détente Hôtel, averaging GBP 53.84/night
- Grand Hôtel d'Abidjan, averaging GBP 122.17/night
Pullman Abidjan, a 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Détente Hôtel and Grand Hôtel d'Abidjan.
Dressing for Abidjan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 32°C and the nighttime average to be 24°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July through September averages 29°C during the day and 22°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Abidjan is 2073 millimetres