Visitors will appreciate the shopping, restaurants, and architecture in Abbotsford. Welcoming and urban, this riverfront city also attracts visitors with its bars, museums, and art.
- There are 3 Abbotsford hotels
- May is the most expensive month to travel here, while April tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 12.5 mi (20 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Abbotsford
- Known for its museums, art, and theatres, including cultural attractions such as Abbotsford Convent, Melbourne Museum, and National Gallery of Victoria
- Attractions include Collingwood Children's Farm, Melbourne Aquarium, and Melbourne Zoo
- The riverfront and gardens highlight the natural beauty, and St. Kilda Beach, Royal Botanic Gardens, and Luna Park are some places worth a visit
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Bourke Street Mall, Melbourne Central, and Queen Victoria Market
- Everyone—not just sports fans—will find lots of reasons to cheer at a game or event at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Etihad Stadium, or Flemington Racecourse
Abbotsford is adjacent to Richmond. Top sights in the area include RMIT University and Eureka Tower.
Getting around Abbotsford
There are plenty of options for getting around Abbotsford. Nearby metro stations include Collingwood Station and Victoria Park Station.
Staying in Abbotsford
You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Quest Abbotsford, averaging GBP 142.49/night
- City East Motel, averaging GBP 75.58/night
A 4.5-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Quest Abbotsford with a 4.2 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Abbotsford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the nighttime average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July through September averages 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 7°C at night
- About 12 millimetres of rain falls on Abbotsford each year