If you're looking for a low cost hotel and shy away from using a BnB, the Red Roof in Chicago is definitely one of the more comfortable options in the area.
What you can expect:
1. Comfortable bed and at least 2-3 pillows (depending on if you're going for a king size bed option)
2. Enough towels to last for you towel freaks out there
3. Basic amenities work desk, TV, hangers, shampoo, soap, alarm clock, air conditioner, thermostat controlled heating, and third party room service for Amiercan-Italian food.
4. Decently fast WiFi and expedient tech support should you run into any issues.
5. Reasonable price per night for smoking/non-smoking and size of bed. 3 Floors.
6. Reasonably clean room in terms of carpet, sink, and bathroom.
7. For the facility that I was in, the sink is separate from the bathroom (toilet and bathtub).
8. Vending machine for drinks and snacks.
What you shouldn't expect
1. Not to sound like a broken record but this is not a five star hotel. Do not expect this to be a quick 1-2 night stay maximum level of tolerance unless you're on a super tight budget and hotels is your preferred sleeping apparatus.
2. Free drinks or snacks
3. Free breakfast (Although there is 24/7 coffee in the lobby/front desk area
4. If this matters to you, I am not sure I had seen an ice machine but that could just be my oversight.
5. No clothing iron or iron board
6. No complimentary toothpaste or comb
7. No hair dryer.
8. No dry cleaning service
9. No mini fridge
The bed, linens, pillows were amazing-so comfortable! There was no fan in the bathroom, I don't like that. There were also some small ants on the bathroom floor when we left, I called and notified the front desk.
"Nice, clean but getting a little long in the tooth"
Stayed here because of location. Staff was friendly and knowledgable. General appearance of lobby and common areas was clean and well maintained.
My room was also clean but I cannot say it was well maintained. Every piece of furniture had scratches down to the bear wood. Knons were loose, misaligned or missing, desk chair was poor And the king bed had a significant sag.
Would I stay again? For the price and location, probably. Would I take my wife and/or family? No
I stayed here one night during business travel. Very nice hotel, newly remodeled, clean and very friendly staff. Breakfast was good - scrambled eggs and sausage were among the offerings. Hotel is located within easy walking distance of several restaurants - didn't even have to cross any streets to get to them.
The bed was comfortable, bathroom very clean and nice large TV in the room.
I'd definitely stay here again.
Traveller from Appleton, WI
Stay at Baymont Inn and Suites Glenview hotel nearby Chicago Executive Airport and within driving distance of Chicago Midway …More
The Cook and Lake county cities of Northbrook, Palatine, Vernon Hills, Glenview, and Lincolnshire are among Chicago’s most affluent suburbs. Vernon Hills is home to the popular Westfield Hawthorn shopping center and Zanies Comedy Club. Scenes from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, The Breakfast Club, Weird Science, and Ice Harvest were filmed in Northbrook.
Payments accepted on expedia.co.uk include American Express, Diner's Club International, Maestro, MasterCard, Visa, Visa Electron and PayPal.
Flight-inclusive holiday packages and Flight-Plus arrangements created on Expedia.co.uk are financially protected by the Civil Aviation Authority (under Expedia, Inc.'s ATOL number 5788). But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then your booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our general terms and conditions for further details on ATOL or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
For the sale of travel insurance Expedia Inc. is an Appointed Representative of Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited trading as Allianz Global Assistance which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited's FCA registration number is 311909. FCA authorisation can be checked at the Financial Services register at www.fsa.gov.uk/register/
Expedia, Inc., is not responsible for content on external Web sites.