The Expedia Lottery
All UK Expedia email subscribers are entered for free into our weekly Lottery draws. If you wish to be removed from the Lottery you can do so via the link in your latest newsletter. Every week we will be drawing:
- £200 voucher winner
- £50 voucher winners
- £10 voucher winners
How will I know if I’ve won?
You will get a special message on one of our regular emails. You will only know if you have won by opening the email
and it’s an instant win – your voucher code will be in the email. You can view our terms and conditions below, but remember, the Lottery is free to enter and you don’t need to do anything to join!
Terms and conditions for the Expedia Lottery (the "Lottery")
By entering the Lottery, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these "Terms and Conditions"). Promotional materials relating to the Lottery, including all information on how to enter the Lottery, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotion materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
- The promoter of this Lottery is Expedia.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old, legally resident within the United Kingdom and subscribe to Expedia.co.uk e-mail newsletters. Employees and agents of Expedia or any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies and their immediate families and members of their households, and anyone otherwise connected with operation or fulfilment of the Lottery are not eligible to take part. Expedia reserves the right to require participants to prove that they are eligible to enter the Lottery. If a prize winner is found to be ineligible, Expedia reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
- The Lottery consists of a regular weekly prize draw. The first prize draw will take place on Thursday January 16th 2014 and there will then be a regular draw every Thursday (unless Thursday is a public holiday in which case the relevant draw will take place on the next working day) until further notice. Expedia will provide participants with notice of the termination of the Lottery via the e-mail address they have used to subscribe to Expedia.co.uk e-mail newsletters and also by posting a notice on http://www.expedia.co.uk/information/expedia_lottery.aspx.
- Entry to the Lottery is free; no purchase is necessary. Subscribers to Expedia.co.uk e-mail newsletters are automatically entered into the Lottery unless they have opted-out of participating in it. To opt-out of entry to the Lottery subscribers must use the opt-out link provided in Expedia.co.uk e-mail newsletters. Entries / opt-outs submitted by any other means will not be accepted: only those submitted via the official method of entry / opt-out. Participants must have subscribed to Expedia.co.uk e-mail newsletters by the end of Friday (UK time) in order to be entered into the prize draw that occurs on the following Thursday. Once subscribed, they will be entered into each weekly draw until they either opt-out of the Lottery or unsubscribe from Expedia.co.uk e-mail newsletters. All opt-outs from the Lottery and requests to unsubscribe from Expedia.co.uk e-mail newsletters will come into effect within 4 days and, once in effect, will result in an exclusion from any future drawings. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Lottery is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Participants may make a maximum of one (1) entry into the Lottery. Any entries in addition to this may be disqualified.
- Each weekly prize draw offers the following prizes to be won: eighty (80) £10 Expedia hotel vouchers, ten (10) £50 Expedia hotel vouchers and one (1) £200 Expedia hotel voucher. The hotel vouchers can only be applied to selected pre-pay stand-alone hotel bookings made online at expedia.co.uk with Expedia.co.uk. They cannot be applied to hotel bookings that are booked in combination with any other product (e.g. flight+hotel, car+hotel, flight+car+hotel) or bookings that are paid for at the hotel. Hotel vouchers will be valid for a six (6) month booking window and travel must be completed within a twelve (12) month period – the applicable dates will vary depending on the date of the drawing and will be advised when prize winners are notified. The £10 vouchers have a £100 minimum spend requirement, the £50 vouchers have a £500 minimum spend requirement and the £200 vouchers have a £1,000 minimum spend requirement. The minimum spend is the price of the hotel reservation exclusive of any taxes, fees or additional costs. Hotel vouchers may only be used once and cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount voucher. They cannot be redeemed against taxes, supplier fees, cancellation or change penalties, administrative fees or other miscellaneous charges. Hotel vouchers cannot be used for any booking previously made and will be deemed fully redeemed once a qualifying booking has been made. They may not be re-used, even in the event that you change or cancel the booking. Usual booking terms and conditions apply (see http://www.expedia.co.uk/p/support/general-booking-conditions) and all bookings are subject to availability. The prizes are as stated and are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There are no cash or other alternatives to the prizes in whole or in part. By participating in the Lottery, participants agree that the prizes are awarded on an "as is" basis, and that neither Expedia nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prizes.
- The prize winners in each weekly prize draw will be drawn at random from all eligible subscribers to Expedia UK e-mail newsletters as follows: the first participant drawn will win a £200 Expedia hotel voucher, the next ten (10) participants drawn will each win a £50 Expedia hotel voucher and the final eighty (80) participants drawn will each win a £10 Expedia hotel voucher.
- Prize winners will be notified no later than two (2) weeks after the relevant drawing via an announcement in one of the Expedia.co.uk e-mail newsletters sent to the e-mail address they have subscribed with. Prizes will be provided in the winner notification e-mails. Participants will need to open the relevant Expedia.co.uk e-mail newsletters to see if they are a prize winner. If any e-mails to a prize winner are returned as undeliverable then the prize winner will forfeit their prize, which will not be redrawn.
- In the event that, for reasons beyond Expedia’s reasonable control and not related to the prize winner, Expedia is unable to award a prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, Expedia reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Lottery, Expedia reserves the right at any time to allocate the available prizes through a further draw or to divide the prizes or the value of the prizes between the winners of the Lottery.
- By entering the Lottery, participants agree to have their name featured in publicity materials relating to the Lottery without further reference, payment or other compensation. This includes making their name as a prize winner available on www.expedia.co.uk, in Expedia.co.uk e-mail newsletters and through Expedia.co.uk pages on social media channels (e.g. Facebook and Twitter). Details of the prize winners will also be made available to participants and the public on request by sending an email to email@example.com no later than one (1) month after the relevant draw date.
- Expedia reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Lottery in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Lottery is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Expedia that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Lottery. Neither Expedia nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control that may cause the Lottery to be disrupted or corrupted, or that may lead to loss or damage of a prize in transit to a prize winner.
- Save where it has been negligent, Expedia will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants' entry into the Lottery or their acceptance and/or use of a prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Lottery. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit Expedia's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
- Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Lottery in a manner, which in Expedia's reasonable determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Lottery, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Expedia and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Lottery at Expedia's sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Lottery, Expedia may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Lottery as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
- All Expedia's decisions in relation to the Lottery are final and Expedia will not enter into any correspondence with participants.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Lottery or these Terms and Conditions.