Book your room at Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square
Superior Double Room, 2 Double BedsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Luxury Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children)
Junior Suite, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Suite, 1 King Bed (Prestige)Max Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Superior Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Luxury Double Room, 2 Double BedsMax Occupancy: 5 guests (up to 3 children)
French-inspired luxury accommodations near the White House
Located on Lafayette Square bordering the White House, this French-inspired hotel in Washington, DC, is within walking distance of the National Mall, Vietnam Memorial, and the Smithsonian Museum.
The French-inspired Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square has a 24-hour business center, 6 meeting rooms, and a fitness center. Dining venues include the ICI Urban Bistro and the stylish Le Bar.
Rooms feature feature SoBed - a luxurious feathertop and duvet sleep system. Spacious marble bathrooms have separate tub and rain showers, robes, slippers, and luxurious French toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Once hailed as Le Petit Grand Dame in the early 1900s, the historic Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square combines original French architecture and grandeur with modern convenience. Located on the corner of Lafayette Square near the White House, the hotel offers 6 meeting rooms that carry the names of Parisian landmarks and districts.
A 24-hour business center and wireless Internet access are available to guests as well as a fully equipped fitness center. ICI Urban Bistro serves fresh and contemporary French cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 24-hour room service is also available. The trendy and chic Le Bar serves specialty cocktails and light fare.
The Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square is a smoke-free property.
- Fitness facilities
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Limo or Town Car service available
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 12
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 237
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Meeting rooms
- Year Built 1999
- 24-hour business center
- Number of meeting rooms - 6
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Wired internet access (16.95 USD per 24 hours surcharge)
Available in some public areas: WiFi (surcharge)
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Climate control
- Free newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Free bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Pillowtop mattress
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Air conditioning
- Free WiFi
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
Where to Eat
iCi Urban Bistro - Contemporary American cuisine with a French twist. Seasonal outdoor terrace. Breakfast and dinner daily, lunch weekdays.
Sample menu for iCi Urban Bistro
Le Bar - Off the lobby, this popular watering hole is a meeting place for DC power brokers. Generously sized armchairs and sofas invite patrons to relax and partake in the French art of conversation. Open from early afternoon until late evening.
Sample menu for Le Bar
Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square offers room service 24 hours a day.
Nearby Things to Do
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 16.95 (for 24 hours, rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 46 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30 per night
We should mention
Up to 3 children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square is listed in the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.