Book your room at Carlyle Suites Hotel
Art Deco hotel with restaurant near White House
Collect 200 points
Simply enter your Nectar card number when prompted. Your points will be credited 30 days after you return from your trip.*Offers may apply
+VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia +gold members receive free room upgrades and +gold and +silver members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
By historic Dupont Circle
Carlyle Suites Hotel is in Washington, DC’s city center, a 9-minute stroll from historic Dupont Circle. Guests can reach the White House and President’s Park in 5 minutes by car. At night, they can walk 4 blocks to the U Street corridor for live music and a famous chili hotdog at Ben’s Chili Bowl.
Built in 1939, this Art Deco property is a slice of architectural history. The hotel offers guests a taste of contemporary American cuisine at Twist Dupont Restaurant, where chefs deftly integrate Mediterranean flavors with classic American recipes. There's a 24-hour fitness center, too.
Free WiFi and kitchens
Guestrooms feature kitchens with stovetops, microwaves, refrigerators, and Keurig® coffeemakers. The hotel offers free WiFi in all rooms, so guests can get online easily, and there's a 37-inch flat-screen TV for entertainment. Tempur-Pedic® beds encourage a restful night's sleep.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- Dining venue
- Fitness facilities
The hotel offers a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This 3-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center, limo/town car service, and a meeting room.
High-speed wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities measure 3500 square feet (325 square meters). This Art Deco hotel also offers a fitness center, tour/ticket assistance, and multilingual staff. Onsite parking is available (surcharge). A total renovation of this property was completed in December 2010.
Carlyle Suites Hotel is a smoke-free property.
- Multilingual staff
- Express check-in
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Laundry facilities
- Number of floors - 8
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Wedding services
- Fitness facilities
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Luggage storage
- One meeting room
- Total number of rooms - 170
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (meters) - 325
- Smoke-free property
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Free WiFi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Grocery/convenience store
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Conference space size (feet) - 3500
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Air conditioning
- Hair dryer
- Cable TV service
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Premium bedding
- Free newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- In-room massage available
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Free WiFi
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Room service (limited hours)
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning.
Twist Dupont - Onsite restaurant. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Boat tours nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Pets allowed, Only dogs and cats are allowed, Maximum number of pets per room 2
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Resort fee
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: USD 11.95 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 39 per night
- Late check-out fee: USD 100.00
- Deposit: USD 50.00 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 20 per stay
We should mention
A resort fee is included in the total price displayed. Children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.