"Strange place, don't try to get here without a car"
This hotel was one of the most expensive 4-star places we stayed in, yet the worst value. Had it been AU/US$100 cheaper a night, our review would probably be more positive as our expectations would have been better-aligned.
** Positive things **
- Lovely surrounds and view.
- GREAT restaurant
** Negative things **
* you should NOT attempt to walk here. Taxis are possible, but make sure you look up the number before you go. That said, it's going to get annoying and expensive. You can walk, but it's about 2km of steep road with NO FOOTPATH. Deadly at night and not safe during the day. We did it with suitcases too, because GOOGLE SHOWS THE WRONG LOCATION - it's another 1/3 on. Google also doesn't show how steep it is!
* the restaurant was closed on Sunday night, again without warning beforehand. This was especially problematic given the above. The only place within walking distance was one the reception manager recommended, but it too was closed. Next door to that was the worst meal all trip!
* We arrived mid-May in warm weather, yet the (very nice-looking) pool was "closed". I'm aware not everyone may want to swim in low 20 degree weather, but having a pool was a key reason I booked this place and there was no mention of seasonality. It wasn't temporarily closed either - they laughed at the idea of us swimming then. This really should be publicised.
* the room was only OK - tiny, dark & next to no amenities.
* breakfast was crap!
David from Melbourne VIC, Australia
Located on the Tiburtini hills in the green outskirts of Tivoli , just 25 km/15 miles north-east of Rome, the 4-star Hotel …More
This is an apartment building with one condo converted to a bed and breakfast. It is new and well done. There is a separate full kitchen and patio where we cooked and ate a dinner. Only negative I have is that someone forgot to make up one of the beds which we did not discover until 11 pm. There is no one around to talk to so I had a less than stellar night with no sheets or blanket (and none in the closet). Suggest you check out everything before the brothers who own it leave. Walking distance to a supermarket.
This hotel was really comfortable and the air condition functioned very well for the hot climate. We could sleep good, because of the good mattresses. The breakfast was good except for the waitress who was kind but didn´t speak english. We were impressed of the helpful staff at the frontal desk.
"The nicest, friendliest place you'll stay in Italy"
We had a wonderful week at the Agriturismo La Meridiana. The greeting by the owner was wonderful and we were treated more like old friends than hotel guests. Paola was wonderfully helpful, gave us tips on local sites to see and even lent us a map book for our stay. The apartment was spotless, the breakfasts extensive, the shower powerful, the bed comfortable and the air conditioning very effective at heating and cooling the rooms as required. There was nothing more we could have asked for! I can honestly say I have never stayed anywhere else where I have felt more at home. I would recommend the hotel to anyone. Thanks for a wonderful holiday!
Andy from Leicester, UK
Benefiting from a quiet and picturesque position in Guidonia Montecelio, the guest house near Rome Agriturismo La …More
We are a family of six and the hotel totally accomodated our needs - which is hard in a big city like Rome. If you aren't into the Rome night-life, and enjoy a fresh comfortable room, this is the place. There is a spa attached and many weekenders come from the area to refresh. A totally pampering experience even without the spa! The pool is attached and is public, you do have to pay but it is heavenly and is well worth the small price on a hot day. A public square is across the street and in the evenings has vendors selling items and also multiple food ideas there as well as up and down the road. It will take you out of the bustle of Rome, however is only 30 minutes from the Coliseum! Pure delight.
Payments accepted on expedia.co.uk include American Express, Diner's Club International, Maestro, MasterCard, Visa, Visa Electron and PayPal.
Flight-inclusive holiday packages and Flight-Plus arrangements created on Expedia.co.uk are financially protected by the Civil Aviation Authority (under Expedia, Inc.'s ATOL number 5788). But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then your booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our general terms and conditions for further details on ATOL or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
For the sale of travel insurance Expedia Inc. is an Appointed Representative of Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited trading as Allianz Global Assistance which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited's FCA registration number is 311909. FCA authorisation can be checked at the Financial Services register at www.fsa.gov.uk/register/
Expedia, Inc., is not responsible for content on external Web sites.