Book your room at Ariki Backpackers
New Plymouth hostel with a rooftop terrace
Situated in the city center, this hostel is close to Wind Wand, Puke Ariki, and Centre City Shopping Centre. Also nearby are Govett-Brewster Art Gallery and Saint Mary's Church.
In addition to a coffee shop/café, Ariki Backpackers provides a rooftop terrace, wireless Internet access (surcharge), and laundry facilities.
Televisions come with digital channels. Guestrooms also feature wireless Internet access (surcharge), high-speed (wired) Internet access (surcharge), and desks.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
At your hotel
At your hotel
The hostel offers a coffee shop/café and a snack bar/deli. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. This 3.5-star property offers access to a business center and meeting rooms. 3 meeting rooms are available. For a surcharge, a roundtrip airport shuttle during limited hours is offered to guests. This New Plymouth hostel also offers a rooftop terrace, a library, and tour/ticket assistance.
Ariki Backpackers has designated areas for smoking.
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 10
- Barbecue grill(s)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Coffee shop or café
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Computer station
- Designated smoking areas
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Billiards or pool table
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Wireless Internet access - surcharge
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting rooms
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Snack bar/deli
- Number of meeting rooms - 3
- Television in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access (5 NZD per 60 minutes surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access (5 NZD per 60 minutes surcharge), Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
In your room
- Free local calls
- Hair dryer (on request)
- Shared accommodations
- Digital TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Full-sized refrigerator/freezer
- Individually decorated
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
- Shared/communal kitchen
Eat and drink
Continental breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning.
The Good Home Bar - Overlooking the garden, this restaurant specializes in Modern European cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and brunch. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
The fine print for Ariki Backpackers
When you arrive
Check-in time starts at 11 AM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time ends at 10 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Guests planning to arrive outside of normal check-in hours must contact this property in advance to arrange check-in. Please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
How you can pay
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Only service dogs are allowed
- Breakfast fee: between NZD 5 and NZD 7 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: NZD 5 (for 60 minutes, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: NZD 5 (for 60 minutes, rates may vary)
Complimentary Internet Usage Offer - Rate includes the following:
- 30 minutes of complimentary wireless Internet use, daily