Availability: BLUE Sydney - A Taj Hotel
Contemporary style meets history at boutique BLUE
Collect 200 points.*
Simply enter your Nectar card number on the confirmation page. Your points will be credited 30 days after your trip is complete. *Offers may apply
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, our elite customers are invited to enjoy the free room upgrades and other benefits upon availability at check-in.See details
Set on a Woolloomooloo Bay pier, this contemporary boutique hotel is part of the transformed 1915 Finger Wharf's marina and entertainment complex, with views over Sydney Harbour; the city centre is 1 km west.
Once a cargo warehouse, BLUE Sydney now houses an indoor heated pool complemented by a fitness center. WiFi is free in common areas.
100 soundproof guestrooms have signature bedding. All rooms have high-definition LCD TVs, iPads, and wireless/wired high-speed Internet access for a surcharge.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
BLUE Sydney - A Taj Hotel Amenities
BLUE Sydney features an 17-meter (55.7-feet) indoor heated pool with adjoining relaxation deck and outdoor patio. The reception area is adjacent to a living room area, which features specially designed carpets, suspended lights and large reading lamps, and a harmonious blend of sofas, ottomans, and armchairs set against exposed corrugated iron and timbers from the original warehouse. Large timber barn-style doors open out to the pier during fair-weather days. A small complimentary video library, with an emphasis on Australian titles and Australian directors, is located at reception. Reading material is also provided on loan. Blue Sydney - A Taj Hotel is completely smoke-free.
Several computer stations are located at various levels throughout the hotel and offer complimentary Internet access. 2 conference/function rooms can be booked for small events. Secure covered parking and valet service are available for a surcharge. This hotel also offers an airport shuttle with 24-hour advance notice. Child care can be arranged for a fee.
Business services: 4 flat-screen computers and printers are set up around the hotel: near reception (with a scanner), on level 3, and at 2 stations on level 4. 24-hour access is complimentary. Secretarial services such as photocopying and faxing are provided for a surcharge by reception.
Internet access: Complimentary high-speed Internet access is available at the 4 computer stations and in the function rooms. Wireless Internet access is available in the Water Bar, Blue Café, and in the reading room/reception area.
Conference/function room(s): 2 function rooms include a ground-floor room with natural light and theater-style seating for up to 50, a boardroom-style room, and a second-level room that seats 14 comfortably. Pre-function areas are also available. Customised audiovisual and communications systems are available in all function areas and include projection systems, motorised screens, large-scale video, video conferencing, and computer rental. Surcharges apply.
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Marina on site
- Indoor pool
- Spa tub
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Airport transportation - drop-off (surcharge)
- Meeting rooms
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Total number of rooms - 100
- Express check-in
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 5
- Free Wi-Fi
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Concierge services
- Shopping on site
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (feet) - 2690
- Conference space size (meters) - 250
- Health club
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
- Smoke-free property
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access ( £15.00 AUD / per day ) , Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Premium TV channels
- DVD player
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Soundproofed rooms
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Complimentary newspaper
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Bathtub or shower
- Rainfall showerhead
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board
- Satellite TV service
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- MP3 docking station
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Pillow menu
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
BLUE Café - Located in the hotel's central atrium. Breakfast/brunch café open daily from early to late morning. Specializing in hearty breakfasts, gourmet coffee, and fine Australian fare.
Water Bar - Listed among the Top 10 Bars in the World by Condé Nast Traveler in 2003. This bar features tea-light candles and is outfitted with rich brown lounge chairs, oversized ottomans, and cushions. Clever and functional art screens are positioned between some settings. Open daily from late afternoon until late.
A room charge-back option is available at Manta, Otto, China Doll, Aki's, Criniti's, and Kinsleys Steak & Crabhouse.
24-hour room service available.
Nearby are many recreational choices including the scenic foreshore walking/jogging track in the Royal Botanic Gardens (0.5 km away) which runs all the way from Mrs. Macquarie's Chair to the Sydney Opera House. Opposite BLUE is the Andrew (Boy) Charlton Pool (via 1 km walk), offering sweeping views of the harbour.
The recreational activities listed below are available nearby; fees may apply. See the front desk for more information.
An 18-metre indoor heated pool is located on the lower ground level, with adjoining male/female change rooms, in addition to a deck with reclining chairs, and an outdoor patio.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Complimentary bicycles on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- In-room accessibility
BLUE Sydney - A Taj Hotel Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: AUD 30.00 for adults and AUD 15.00 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 15.00 per day (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: AUD 40.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 50.00 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Additional Details
Up to 2 children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Globe Certification, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- BLUE Sydney - A Taj Hotel is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.
This property does not have an official STAR Rating from AAA Tourism Pty Ltd. For the benefit of our customers, we have provided a rating based on our rating system.