We arrived a few days prior to the cruise. Hotel is across the street from ship port. Casino on site.The hotel had our room ready. It was clean and walking distance to everything! They held our bags until we were ready to get on the ship. We hung out in the pool located on the 9th floor and it has views of the port. My husband lost his wallet in the hotel prior to cruise. The hotel found it and called him. I was happy everything was in it! They get Kudos for honesty and integrity. Overall, the hotel room is okay. Considering the amount of time we spend in the room it was great. Location and quick access to the port was our concern. We took advantage and took the ferry over to Catano and toured Bacardi. We walked to the fort and shopped old San Juan. Wonderful restaurants in walking distance but we were told by other hotel guests the food at the hotel was great.
The staff at this hotel was absolutely amazing! They were very engaging, helpful, and friendly. The rooms, pool, and hot tub were awesome as well. I spend countless hours at the beach and even got some windsurfing in. Only downside, the neighborhoods around the hotel are not the best. I would not recommend walking to any bars or restaurants near by. The beach in front of the hotel is very nice, but also kind of rocky if you are trying to swim there.
Very welcoming staff, accommodating and kind. Nice facilities, Restaurants at walking distance, Supermarket across the street, Service that takes you to the beach, etc. I had a great and pleasant stay with my husband, And the staff was very friendly and attentive.
Dreamcatcher has a wonderful, feel good vibe or energy:
- its welcoming, open hearted feeling by its wonderful staff who gives you a tour of the buildings.
- The fountains, plants, candles, Buddha and Kwan Yin statues, music, welcoming vegetarian kitchen with storage areas in a cabinet and refrigerator by your room number plus pots, pans, oil/spices you can use, dishes, glasses, and filtered water
- snack and drink (wine, champagne, beer, juice, water) areas with very reasonable prices. Mosquito spray also available.
- Free coffee in the morning and free herbal teas available all day.
- the dorm-like (painted cement walls) rooms with eclectic artwork and themes. The fluffy, soft bath towels and generous beach towels
- Two short blocks to the beach (200 steps) with plenty of shady palm trees and sun. Beach vendors selling water or beer or ice cream. No bathroom or place to wash off feet.
Payments accepted on expedia.co.uk include American Express, Diner's Club International, Maestro, MasterCard, Visa, Visa Electron and PayPal.
Flight-inclusive holiday packages and Flight-Plus arrangements created on Expedia.co.uk are financially protected by the Civil Aviation Authority (under Expedia, Inc.'s ATOL number 5788). But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then your booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our general terms and conditions for further details on ATOL or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
For the sale of travel insurance Expedia Inc. is an Appointed Representative of Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited trading as Allianz Global Assistance which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited's FCA registration number is 311909. FCA authorisation can be checked at the Financial Services register at www.fsa.gov.uk/register/
Expedia, Inc., is not responsible for content on external Web sites.