Please enter your travel dates.
Standard King & Wine Reception
Deluxe King & Wine Reception
Deluxe One King Bed Accessible
- One King Bed
Deluxe Two Queen & Wine Reception
Recently renovated maritime-themed boutique hotel on Fisherman's Wharf
Collect 200 points.*
Simply enter your Nectar card number on the confirmation page. Your points will be credited 30 days after your trip is complete. *Offers may apply
Right by the bay
Across the street from San Francisco Bay, this boutique hotel occupies a creatively converted 1909 brick warehouse; fun-filled Fisherman's Wharf is right outside; the Alcatraz ferry is 6 blocks away.
Mermaid and chowder
Outfitted with deck chairs and decorative sails, the lobby is the setting for evening wine receptions. The Argonaut Hotel's Blue Mermaid Chowder House showcases fresh seafood and award-winning chowders.
Nautical and nice
The Argonaut's nautically-themed guestrooms feature porthole mirrors, complimentary toiletries, anchor-motif bedding, star-shaped pillows, and Frette luxury linens. All have flat-screen TVs, laptop-compatible in-room safe and wired and wireless high-speed Internet access (surcharge).Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Argonaut offers a prime location across from the picture-perfect San Francisco waterfront and adjacent to Fisherman's Wharf and cable cars.
The hotel provides complimentary transportation to the Financial District weekday mornings, based on availability. Parking is available nearby (surcharge).
Children can choose a complimentary toy every day from the "treasure chest" at the front desk. The hotel welcomes pets at no additional charge; dogs receive their own special treat at check-in. With the Guppy Love program, guests can request a goldfish in their room to keep them company during their stay.
Two computers in the lobby area are available for a surcharge as well as 24-hour business services. An airy fitness room with exposed-brick walls is open around the clock.
- 24-hour front desk
- Air-conditioned public areas
- Audiovisual equipment
- Banquet facilities
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge desk
- Multiple large conference rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Event catering
- Fireplace in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Free Wi-Fi
- Free wired high-speed Internet
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multiple small meeting rooms
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 4
- Total number of rooms - 252
- Parking (surcharge)
- Parking nearby
- Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Street parking (metered)
- Year Built 1909
- 24-hour business center
- Complimentary reception
- Security guard
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Tour assistance
- Translation services
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge), Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi, Free wired high-speed Internet
Parking (surcharge), Street parking (metered), Valet parking (surcharge), Parking nearby, Parking nearby (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary newspaper
- Complimentary toiletries
- Pillowtop mattress
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Direct-dial phone
- DVD player
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Shower/tub combination
- Video-game console
Blue Mermaid Chowder House & Bar - Colorful, maritime-themed restaurant featuring six savory chowders, including award-winning Dungeness Crab & Corn Chowder. Daily fresh fish selection, fresh oysters on the half shell, cioppino among other menu highlights. Full bar serving California wines, wide selection of beers, Irish coffee, and nautically inspired cocktails such as Pirate's Punch. Exposed-brick walls, original wooden beams, boats suspended from ceiling. Patio seating (weather permitting) with views of picturesque Del Monte Square. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks daily. Children's menu.
Room service is available from early morning until midnight.
The hotel's 24-hour fitness center, an airy space with exposed-brick walls, features cardio machines with individual TVs, along with free weights, resistance equipment, and stability balls. Guests can borrow a yoga basket with mat, strap, and block for use in their rooms.
The scenic waterfront, with its myriad attractions, is right outside the hotel and perfect for a brisk walk or run. Bicycle trips across the Golden Gate Bridge are also great fun; a rental shop is in the same building as the Argonaut. Fishing charters are available along Fisherman's Wharf. Hardy souls can brave the chilly waters of Aquatic Park, one block away.
- Golfing nearby
- Boating nearby
- Swimming nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Boat launch nearby
- Motor boating nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Dock nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction nearby
- Running track/path nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bird watching nearby
- Fishing nearby
- Playground nearby
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible path of travel
- Braille or raised signage
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Policies & Fees
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Carte Blanche, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- Breakfast fee: USD 24 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 46.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per night
- Additional Details
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - Third Party CertifiedThis property participates in Green Key Eco-Rating Program, a third-party certification program that has been independently certified. Third-party certification measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. An objective assessment of a company's sustainable tourism practices has been performed at this property by an auditor who is independent of the third-party certification program.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.