Availability: Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel
Deluxe RoomMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Club RoomMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Suite (Parlor)Max Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
American classic on a historic working waterfront
Collect 200 points.*
River, harbor views
Situated on the banks of the Piscataqua River overlooking Portsmouth's working harbor and beyond, to the Maine coast, the hotel is two blocks from Market Square, the heart of historic Portsmouth.
Great lobby, dining
With its grandly scaled lobby offering sweeping views of the harbor, the hotel also has one of Portsmouth's best restaurants and a fitness room.
Sweet beds, Internet
Guestrooms feature Sheraton's Sweet Sleeper beds, with triple-sheeting and multiple pillows atop an extra-thick plush-top mattress. Complimentary Internet access and spacious desks are also offered.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Renovations & Closures
- The hotel will be renovating from 1 February 2014 until further notice. The following areas are affected:
Renovation work will only be conducted during business hours. Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disturbance.
- Front desk
- Select guestrooms
Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel Amenities
Sweeping views of the harbor and the Maine coast anchor this lovely non-smoking hotel in its historic spot on the Piscataqua River overlooking Portsmouth's waterfront. The hotel maximizes the views from the lobby, restaurant, lounge, and many of the 200 rooms and suites.
The hotel's Harbor's Edge restaurant is considered one of Portsmouth's finest, offering an eclectic menu inspired by the local seafood, meats, and produce; the adjacent Riverwatch Lounge is the gathering spot for drinks and light fare. Guests can enjoy seasonal outdoor patio dining and cocktails with views of the harbor.
A 24-hour fitness room offers relaxation options. Guests can stroll into Portsmouth's historic downtown area, or drive to the Seacoast area a few minutes away.
Dogs are welcome (80-pound limit).
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 200
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Meeting rooms
- Number of floors - 5
- Room service (limited hours)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Wedding services
- Free Wi-Fi
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room Amenities
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Climate control
- Coffee/tea maker
- Complimentary weekday newspaper
- Complimentary toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Shower/tub combination
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Harbor's Edge - Highly regarded lobby level dining room. Scenic views of harbor and Maine coast. American fare featuring seafood, meats, local produce. All meals.
Riverwatch Lounge - On the second floor. Harbor view. Appetizers, bar menu. Open mid-afternoon until late evening. Room Service - Available from early morning until late evening.
The hotel provides a 24-hour fitness room.
Guests may jog or bike along the adjacent waterfront. Harbor cruises and seasonal whale-watching excursions depart across the street from the hotel. Atlantic Ocean beaches, a 15-minute drive away, feature a wide variety of water sports including surfing, kayaking, sailing, and water skiing. Pease Golf Course, 3 miles (4.8 kilometers) from the hotel, is open to the public.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Accessible parking
- Accessibility equipment for the deaf
- Braille or raised signage
Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel Policies & Fees
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Payment types
Accepted at this hotel: American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB International, MasterCard, Visa
Pets allowed, Only dogs are allowed, Pet maximum weight in lb is 80
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Self parking fee: USD 15 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 18 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
Awards & Affiliations
- A Green / Sustainable Property - First Party CertifiedThis property has performed a self-assessment, also known as First Party certification, of its sustainable tourism practices through New Hampshire Sustainable Lodging & Restaurant Program thus taking steps to understand its impact on one or more of the following: environment, community, cultural-heritage, the local economy. The property's claims have not been independently verified by a second or third party certification program.