Book your room at The Chanler at Cliff Walk
ColonialMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Greek RevivalMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
GothicMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children)
French ProvincialMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Ocean-view hotel with a bar/lounge, near International Tennis Hall of Fame
This Newport hotel is in the city center, on the beach within minutes of Easton's Beach, Touro Park, and International Tennis Hall of Fame. Also nearby are International Tennis Hall of Fame and Museum and Touro Synagogue.
Guests at this beach hotel will appreciate convenient onsite amenities such as an area shuttle and complimentary wireless Internet access.
Flat-screen televisions include premium cable channels. Guestrooms also feature jetted bathtubs, fireplaces, and complimentary wireless Internet access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
The Chanler at Cliff Walk
For a convenient ride to the sand and surf, hop on the hotel's beach shuttle (surcharge). Hit the beach and work on your tan in the sun loungers (chaise longues) or relax in the shade with cabanas (surcharge) and umbrellas.
The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. High-speed wireless Internet access is complimentary. Onsite valet parking is complimentary.
The Chanler at Cliff Walk is a smoke-free property.
- Free valet parking
- Beach umbrellas
- Beach sun loungers
- Meeting rooms
- Conference space
- Number of meeting rooms - 5
- Spa services on site
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Babysitting or childcare
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Fireplace in lobby
- Coffee/tea in lobby
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Beach shuttle (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multilingual staff
- Number of floors - 3
- Total number of rooms - 20
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 273
- Beach cabanas (surcharge)
- Beach towels
- Smoke-free property
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
- Beach/pool umbrellas
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Free Wi-Fi
- Year Built 1873
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
- Conference space size (feet) - 3037
- Train station pickup (complimentary)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free Wi-Fi
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Complimentary newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Climate control
- Free local calls
- Complimentary bottled water
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- DVD player
- Individually decorated
- In-room massage available
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Private bathroom
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Turndown service
- Jetted bathtub
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free Wi-Fi
- Frette Italian sheets
- Individually furnished
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Breakfast is available for a surcharge and served each morning between 7:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Spiced Pear - Overlooking the ocean, this fine-dining restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves dinner only. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Reservations are required.
The Terrace (Seasonal) - Overlooking the ocean, this bistro specializes in international cuisine and serves lunch and light fare. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available.
The Veranda - Overlooking the ocean, this bistro specializes in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
To make requests for specific accessibility needs, complete the “Special or Accessibility Requests" section of “Trip Preferences" when you book your hotel.
- Accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is 11 AM
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Chanler at Cliff Walk is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.