Book your room at The Goring
Family-owned London hotel adjacent to Buckingham Palace
VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
Expedia members receive free room upgrades and and members get other perks upon availability at check-in.See details
Adjacent to Buckingham Palace, this Edwardian hotel is in London's Belgravia district, in the historical city center of London. The Royal Parks, West End, theatre and shopping districts are within walking distance. Victoria Station is 3 blocks away.
The family-owned Goring opened in 1910 and features a veranda and private gardens. Traditional English cuisine is served in the restaurant while light fare and afternoon tea are served in the lounge.
Satellite TV, Internet
Individually decorated guestrooms at The Goring feature marble bathrooms, high-speed Internet access, and satellite television along with air conditioning, direct-dial multi-line phones, and safes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!
Opened in 1910 and run by four generations of the Goring family, this Edwardian hotel has an elegant dining room, lounge, and bar. The terrace and veranda overlook the hotel's private gardens. Guests enjoy complimentary access to Victoria's LA Fitness Club with pool, sauna, and gym.
The 5-star hotel has a 24-hour concierge and 24-hour computer room. Complimentary wireless Internet access and a printer are also available. The Children's Programme includes welcome gifts, activities, and a bedtime story library. The 4 private dining rooms and gardens can be reserved for meetings and events.
- 24-hour front desk
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 69
- Babysitting or childcare
- Number of floors - 5
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Concierge services
- Rooftop terrace
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting rooms
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Use of nearby fitness center (complimentary)
- Complimentary newspapers in lobby
- Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Number of meeting rooms - 4
- Year Built 1910
- 24-hour business center
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free Wi-Fi , Wired (high-speed) Internet access - surcharge
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Hair dryer
- In-room safe
- Climate control
- Complimentary newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Complimentary bottled water
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Satellite TV service
- Wireless Internet access (surcharge)
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Rollaway/extra beds available
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Individually decorated
Where to Eat
The Dining Room - Traditional English fare is served in an elegant alabaster room with leather chairs and Swarovski crystal chandeliers. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The Veranda - Al fresco dining is available during summer months. Open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and dinner.
The Lounge Bar - Light fare is served along with an extensive list of cocktails and wines from the hotel's cellars. Traditional Afternoon Tea is served daily in the lounge and on the terrace.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is noon
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Breakfast fee: GBP 32.00 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: GBP 45 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 80 per night
Awards & Affiliations
- The Goring is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveler Top 100 List and the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Relais & Chateaux.