Overall the hotel is great for those looking for a modest hotel rate. Most ladies at the front desk were pleasant but others were rude. The maids did a great job of keeping our room vacuumed, clean, and with fresh linens and towels--this is a constant necessity for my family since my husband and I have two young boys.
The complimentary breakfast is limited and does not change (but hey it’s free!). You must make it down to the kitchen before the morning crowd arrives or else you'll be caught in a breakfast line frenzy!
The shuttles to the parks-Disneyworld and Universal- arrive a bit later in the day and pick-up too early. Consider other means of transportation if you like to stay late at the parks. Luckily, Universal Studios is close by and a short walk, for those who do not mind stretching their legs a bit. Disneyworld is much further so make sure to catch that shuttle (and plan on missing the fireworks show) or else you’ll have to pay at least $45 for a ride back to the hotel (not fun).
Again, overall the hotel was great and I may return in the future.
1. Excellent welcome at the front desk.
2. No laundry facilities available within the Executive Studio Suites. Also there are no 'open' laundry facilities available. A facility was offered within a vacant larger suite but at an extra $15 cost to cover additional servicing of the suite!
3. This is actually an hotel so why is there a RESORT fee (which we knew about in advance but it simply isn't worth the extra)?
4. Full room servicing is at extra cost. This includes a service such as cleaning the bathroom thoroughly - a problem when staying for 3 weeks!
5. No balcony for Executive Studios AND the window can't open so no fresh air into room.
6. Excellent pool area - clean pool, good number of sun loungers for the time of year we were there (May).
7. Nice bar but no full restaurant area.
8. Small breakfast area for the size of the hotel.
9. Quiet location but an easy walk to lots of restaurants and bars etc.
10. Having stayed at a number of other locations previously, this hotel is relatively expensive and better value for money can be found at other suites/hotels.
Traveller from UK
This Orlando resort is a half-mile from Wet 'n Wild and within 2 miles of Universal Studios Orlando and the convention …More
This was my 3rd time staying here. The lobby and pool area are under renovation which would havebeen nice to know ahead of time. Check-in was challenging since the staff was wearing ear plugs due to the noise levels of the construction. During my week here my only complaint is about the specific room I had, room 1505 A needs to be sprayed for bugs. There was a daily parade of little critters that I had not experienced in my prior stays here. It is likely a problem with that particular room. Otherwise, this is a good choice for good affordable accommodation in Orlando.
You know what you are getting, reasonable comfort as won't be spending much time on there other than sleeping and great location. Staff were helpful. The only very minor negative was lack of selection at breakfast
International Drive's largest claim to fame is the Universal Orlando Resort, home to two theme parks — Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios; the water park, Wet 'n Wild; and the entertainment area, CityWalk. The I-Ride trolley (really a bus) stops frequently along the street. At the north end of International Drive are two shopping meccas: Prime Outlets-Orlando and The Mall at Millenia.
Payments accepted on expedia.co.uk include American Express, Diner's Club International, Maestro, MasterCard, Visa, Visa Electron and PayPal.
Flight-inclusive holiday packages and Flight-Plus arrangements created on Expedia.co.uk are financially protected by the Civil Aviation Authority (under Expedia, Inc.'s ATOL number 5788). But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then your booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our general terms and conditions for further details on ATOL or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
For the sale of travel insurance Expedia Inc. is an Appointed Representative of Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited trading as Allianz Global Assistance which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Mondial Assistance (UK) Limited's FCA registration number is 311909. FCA authorisation can be checked at the Financial Services register at www.fsa.gov.uk/register/
Expedia, Inc., is not responsible for content on external Web sites.